As some of you may know, I've owned a very popular Faction server called DecimatePvP. We used to hit over 1,000 players during its prime, with many players donating to support us. However, Viper ended up eating a lot of my spare time on top of university so I couldn't give it the love it needed. But, that's all resolved now. Decimate is back, merged into Viper - and it's back for good.
Many of you miss Decimate and are very eager to login and play, which was shown by over 10,000 unique logins on our redemption server in the past week!. We've had several power factions contact us saying to bring the server back simply because other servers were getting very boring and stale. Fear not anymore, we're back, forever.
Factions Exodus releases on...
Saturday, 22nd of June at 3:00 PM ET, 12 PM PT, 8 PM GMT
Saturday, 22nd of June at 3:00 PM ET, 12 PM PT, 8 PM GMT
Too lazy to read the entire post? Simply watch our trailer to get a quick glimpse at everything part of our new launch. If you're interested in helping out, feel free to upload the trailer to your own channel by clicking here.
One of the first realms ever launched on Decimate was Mars, which featured balanced custom enchants for an enjoyable pvp experience and a sharper economy. This dimension is back as Factions Exodus. We've made tons of performance updates that I'll talk more in-depth about below which will make it extremely easy for us to accommodate as many players as we want on each realm. Below, I've attached some pictures of the builds on Mars. If you'd like to see more, take a look at the trailer linked above. Below is the details for this first map:
- 50 Man Faction Sizes
- 12 Corners spread across 3 Worlds
- Over world border is 10,000 x 10,000. Nether & End are both 5,000 x 5,000.
- Limited Biomes enabled. The clean biomes that are enabled are Plains, Forest, Savanna, Taiga, Mesa & Desert.
- There will be no dungeons that spawn underground
- The economy for Factions Exodus can be found here
- Teaming and allying on this map will not be allowed.
- 600 Slots on release
$2,500 F-Top Prize
For this first map, there will be $2,500 in total prizes.
Please note that prizes will not be paid out for the first week as it is grace period. The distribution and weekly payouts can be seen below:
We've also gone ahead and made a /credit command in-game. Instead of giving Buycraft, we will be giving these credits. Everything will be redeemable except for gift cards.
1st: $600 PayPal & $300 Credits
2nd: $350 PayPal & $200 Credits
3rd: $210 PayPal & $150 Credits
4th: $200 Credits
5th: $150 Credits
6th: $125 Credits
7th: $75 Credits
8th: $65 Credits
9th: $50 Credits
10th: $25 Credits
Creative Printer Mode
Something that was notorious on Decimate is the printer mode where the player is placed in creative to make for smoother building. We're finally implementing this, after much bug testing and restrictions in place to prevent any sort of duping. We guarantee you will never encounter issues whilst printing.
Addressing the issue of needing vast amounts of chests and hoppers to sort through drops, we're introducing our collection system. Placing a collection block in a chunk will collect all drops automatically and store them in a GUI. In this GUI, you can sell your collected drops, as well as configure which drops you want to be collected.
Factions Plugin Updates
We've made several changes to our Factions plugin to give faction leaders more control as well as make several features far easier to use. The changes are as follows:
- /f inspect has been completely overhauled. You can now view claim history by any member in your faction, chest history of any member in your faction, and several other pieces of important data needed to properly manage your faction.
- Faction Alts have been introduced. You can now use /f alt to set members of your faction as alts, which won't show up in /f who as online members or count towards your total faction members. This gives you the opportunity to have as many alts as you wish without having them time out or take up space.
- Capturing KOTHs will now give your faction bonus F-Top score, and can be viewed with /f who
- /f seechunk now shows particles rather than blocks, reducing the chances of FPS drops.
- /chunkinfo has been introduced. This will tell you the value of the current chunk you're standing in.
- When claiming lots of land, you'll no longer be spammed with several messages.
- We've introduced two new permissions in /f perm corresponding to our two new features. These are the permissions to /f check and /f inspect.
- Introduced a /f perm which controls who can operate your collection blocks in your faction claims.
- Introduced a /f perm which controls who can place chunk busters in your faction claims.
- Only the faction leader can now run the command /f unclaimall.
- Added the command /koth top, which shows which faction has the most KOTH captures
- We've added /f logs, which will help you track members who inside your faction. Currently, it logs invitations, leaving, being kicked, banned, promotions, demotions, claims, f chest transactions, and money transactions (like withdrawing, and depositing money to a faction balance)
A much requested feature, we've finally introduced a suite of commands to aid with checking walls. The following features are present in this new system:
- /f check setting will open a GUI that allows you to change the checking interval between None, 1 Minute, 5 Minutes, 10 Minutes, 15 Minutes, and 30 Minutes.
- /f check last will tell you who the last person that gave the all clear signal was and how long ago it was.
- /f check logs will list all previous /f check and /f alarm history.
- /f check leaderboard will keep track of everyone that runs /f clear.
- /f clear will mark the walls as clear.
- /f alarm will trigger a warning broadcasted to all faction members to check the walls for possible intruders.
Raiding & PvP Changes
We've heard specifically from our Elite rank holders on Decimate as well as several other members of the community and made several changes to how raiding and PvP mechanics on the server work. The following will be in effect as of launch:
- Spawners can now be blown up even if enclosed by water.
- Bow boosting was completely disabled, but now it's enabled as a request from donors
- Upon killing someone, their loot is available exclusively to you for the first 15 seconds. After that time has expired, anyone can pick up the loots.
- We've made several performance upgrades to cannons, dispensers and red-stone mechanics, making them work much more reliably now. We're always working on improving this, so make sure to report any problems in Discord.
We noticed that tools started losing their value as Decimate maps went on, which led us to completely revamp how we handle them. We've added four new tools as well as made changes to two existing ones. The changes are as follows:
- Trench Pickaxes have had potion effect rewards added to them. There's currently three tiers, and they're as follows:
- 10,000 blocks mined will give you permanent Haste 1
- 20,000 blocks mined will give you permanent Haste 2
- 30,000 blocks mined will give you permanent Haste 3
- Sand Wands have been introduced. These will clear the stack of sand they're right-clicked on.
- Tray Pickaxes have been introduced.
- Harvester Axes have been introduced.
- Chest Auto Sell Tool (CAST) has been introduced. This works similar to void chests, however only works with chests & collections. This works hand in hand with our collection system mentioned above.
We've completely overhauled our bosses, consolidating them into just three types. The higher the tier, the more difficult the boss, as well as the better the rewards.
In addition to these three purchasable bosses, we've introduced random warzone boss spawns. These will occur every six hours and be broadcasted in chat. Following our new Greek theme, the three new bosses are: Ghoul, Revenant, and Cerberus.
Crates, Monthly Crates, & GKits
We've heard your feedback that our crates and kits weren't giving enough value for what they were worth, so we've gone ahead and buffed them with new and upgraded rewards. Additionally, there is also a brand new monthly crate.
These can be viewed on the server or at the store.
Because cannons and general raids have been much more intense and innovative than base building, we've gone ahead and added Fortified Chunks.
This feature basically makes it so there's a cool-down on how fast explosions can affect a base's walls. It depends on our cannon rules, and which Y: level you are at.
In essence, this will practically limit cannons from becoming overly powerful and prevent rule breakers.
Something that we decided to add is called Battle Pass. We've noticed that other servers added this and because of that, we've decided too.
Lots of Decimate players wanted some sort of challenges added, and well, here it is! These challenges range from killing a certain amount of mobs, opening keys, capping KOTHs and much more. Here's a full list of rewards.
While not worth a category of their own, the following features/changes have been made for our new reset and are worth mentioning:
- Introduced /playtime. This will give you your total playtime on the dimension you're on.
- Introduced /filter. You can now select what items you want to pick up at what time.
- Introduced the ability to hide faction tags from showing in chat.
- The servers look and feel has been completely re-done. Menus have been simplified, messages stand out more, everything is far easier to use.
- We've fixed an issue with gen-buckets where they wouldn't spread towards the proper area in some cases.
- Faction members currently online can now be viewed on the scoreboard.
- We've made numerous upgrades to our infrastructure to support far more players. While previously we encountered issues during launches of hubs lagging, this will no longer be a nuisance.
- We've improved the AFK Distance (how far you have to be from crops and spawners). This means you can stand further away and still have them be loaded.
- Changed the item type of chunk busters from tripwire to end portal frame
- We've added a confirmation GUI upon placing chunk busters to prevent accidents
- Added an auto-mute feature where if a player spams the same message 3 times in a few seconds, they will be auto muted
- You'll now be able to click links in our auto messages
- Donor PlayerVaults are now conveniently 1 player vault for each rank (goes up one each rank higher)
- Added mcMMO herbalism support when using harvester hoes
- All mob + animal health has been altered to encourage better gameplay
- Certain mobs will now drop more experience
- Added a /stats command which logs playtime, kills, deaths, cactus placement + sugarcane placement & destruction
- Added a /events command which'll show when the next KOTH, envoy, and auto boss spawn occurs
- All donor tools (trench pickaxes, trays, etc) now have Efficiency 5 by default
- You can now gain mcMMO levels while using a sword
- Added the command /graceperiod which'll show the countdown as to when grace ends, and some other useful information
- Completely re-done the /ce system. It's much easier to use and clean.
- Completely re-done the /gkit GUI. It's much more easier to navigate as well
- Added an obsidian destroyer enchant. This can be found in Legendary Books in /ce.
- We've made it so you get either a common, rare, or legendary book rather than the enchantment book it self. Right clicking will reveal the true book.
- Added the player who claimed the chunk when you run the command /chunkinfo
- Added an Outpost section to scoreboard
- Added your F-Top Position to scoreboard
- You'll no longer be able to use gen buckets when you are combat tagged, or if an enemy is 50 blocks away. This is only effective AFTER grace period.
- You'll now be able to instantly open crate keys, rather than waiting 5 seconds for each key.
- Updated our mcMMO version. The one previously was stupidly outdated.
- There will be an area in the warzone (north side) where you can EXCLUSIVELY grind mushroom cows (mushroom cow spawners will not be available anywhere else!). These cows drop disks, which can be sold for $500 each! Fight for this and you'll easily win to the top. Also, looting will not work on these cows.
- There is a new RAID EVENT. There will be a base at X: 5,000 Z: 5,000 in the overworld and when the event is on going, you will be able to raid it. At the center of the base, there will be a 5 minute KOTH. Whoever caps it will win the raid event. You will not be able to break blocks until the base has been breached from atleast one side. There will be a command called /re where you can see the status of each wall side based on the percentage of how far the base has been breached in that side. Aka:
North: 50% breached
South: 38% breached
East: 29% breached
West: 17% breached
Once again, Factions Exodus releases on...
Saturday, 22th of June at 3:00 PM ET, 12 PM PT, 8 PM GMT
Saturday, 22th of June at 3:00 PM ET, 12 PM PT, 8 PM GMT
We've worked extremely hard on this reset, and we're looking forward to share everything with you. Thank you for your outpouring support. Join our Discord and follow our Twitter for updates, and giveaways. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I have creating this!
PS: There is a 1x Apollo rank giveaway on Discord! Join our Discord to enter it! Also, on our Twitter there is a Kronos rank giveaway!