Good Morning Folks,
Welcome to another brand new week of the Spring Update! Before I get into everything we have prepared for you all this week, there are a few things I need to touch on that occurred last week. For those who don't already know, we encountered many issues last Friday prior to Infernal's SOTW. The entire day prior to Infernal's SOTW was very laggy. Some players experienced slightly higher ping that normal and some players experienced unbearable lag that wouldn't even allow them to play at all. This made it so players who queued over night for SOTW were getting timed out at random times in the middle of the night and day. Since players were losing their queue positions due to this we implemented something to compensate for that. From now on upon disconnecting/timing out from Viper, all players will have a total time of 5 minutes to reconnect before losing their queue position. It's also safe to say we've pin pointed what was causing players ping to spike and we have fixed that in its entirety. Next on the list, at around 5:45 PM EST, 15 minutes prior to SOTW, Hub #2 and Hub #8 went down which also caused players to lose their position in queue. We've fixed that issue with our hubs and it's also safe to say there will be no more random hub crashing. In conclusion, we have corrected everything that went wrong with last weeks SOTW. We are expecting to have a smooth, on time, lag free SOTW this Friday and we can't wait to see all of you. With that being said, everything you need to know can be found below.
OH, and we have a huge announcement this weekend. Yeah... ummmmm.. stay tuned. https://twitter.com/ViperMC. 👀
Everything in regards to this upcoming Infernal map can be found here.
EOTW: Today, April 2nd at 5:00 PM EST
SOTW: Friday, April 3rd at 6:00 PM EST
Key All: Friday, April 3rd at 7:00 PM EST, 8:00 PM EST, and 9:00 PM EST
Played by MeeZoid, Br0, Zigy, HateFoo, Stepphen, PatroxWarez, Swirls, and Dylan_.
Map Kit: Protection 1, Sharpness 1
Roster Size: 10 Man Factions
SOTW Timer: 1 Hour and 45 Minutes
Classes: Rogue, Bard, Archer, and Miner are enabled
All bug fixes, changes, and more can be found here.
• Players can disconnect from Viper for a total of 5 minutes without losing their position in queue.
• Stepphen's Switch Stick will now have uses. 1 Stick = 1 use.
• Stepphen's Switch Stick no longer works on Bard, Archer, and Rogue.
• PatroxWarez's shears now works as intended.
• MeeZoid's Exotic Bone now works as intended.
• You will no longer be able to see an invisible players name tag on 1.8.
• Br0's Invisibility will deactivate once you attack a player or are attacked by a player.
• Splash Strength II from KOTH's will now work.
• Implemented many deathbed arena safe guards to prevent players from leaving the arena with the deathbed kit.
• Implemented a new sell sign in the shop for valuables. Right click it to sell all valuables in your inventory rather than having to click all 6 individual signs.
• Holograms disappearing above the NPC's in the Hub has been fixed.
• Playtime Rewards will be implemented this upcoming SOTW.
• Removed 'Reputation in chat' option from /options.
• Cobwebs will now despawn 45 seconds after being placed.
• No longer gain kills and deaths, lose Conquest points, gain /f top points when getting a kill/dying in the deathban arena.
• KOTH's will no longer terminate at random on Infernal and Kits.
• NPC leaderboards will be implemented to Kits this Friday inside of Spawn.
• High Roller armour, bow, and rod will now receive its own unique particles.
• Signs that display information inside the deathbed arena now display the correct messages instead of no messages.
• Class ultimate messages no longer spam your chat. One message every five seconds will be sent to your chat instead.
• Various optimizations that will allow us to hold over 1,100+ players at 20 TPS.
• Mob Stacker to Kits has been implemented.
...and much, much more. If we missed anything, leave it in the replies below and I'll forward it to our dev team.
Details regarding our pearling guidelines can be found here.
We've gone ahead and decided to make our pearling guidelines available for the public to see. We don't want players under the impression they are being false banned and that our partners are never getting banned. To get rid of all confusion and to make sure our players avoid getting banned for pearl glitching as much as possible, MeeZoid has created a forums post that goes in depth regarding how pearling works on Viper. The link to that forums post can be found below. Read carefully, follow all rules, and happy playing.
With all of that being said I'd consider this post as complete. We look forward to seeing you this Friday at 6:00 PM EST. We anticipate a smooth, on time SOTW so make sure to be there! And stay tuned for our announcement this weekend which will be revealed on the Viper Twitter.