Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways and more!

Read Me Infernal's SOTW Information 💫🍃

Spyno

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Thread starter #1

Good Morning Folks,

Welcome to a brand new week of the Spring Update! Before I get into everything we have prepared for you all this week, I'd like to recap on last Thursday and Friday. Starting with Thursday, over 1,000 of you showed your support for Kits Season 13. We did have a few hiccups which required us to reboot the network, but you guys stuck through it all man. Kits Season 13 was our biggest Kits launch to date. We've received nothing but good feedback in regards to every new feature we have implemented to Kits and that couldn't have made our team any happier. We aren't done yet with Season 13 though! NPC leader boards inside of spawn is still on its way, plus a few small things that we can't talk about just yet. With that being said, we hope you all continue to enjoy Season 13. Now moving onto Friday. I really don't know how I can sum up this day into a few small sentences but I'm going to try my best. 2,000 f*cking players. We said we were going viral and we did it. We managed to pull it off without altering our player count. There are 2,000 of you out there who still love HCF on Viper and that has motivated our team to a whole different extent. When I say we have literally ironed out damn near every bug, issue, glitch, whatever you want to call it, I'm not over exaggerating in the slightest bit. From old bugs dating back to September of 2019 all the way to bugs from last week. We are working around the clock on providing you, our amazing players, with the best playing experience possible. With that being said, everything from A to Z that we have done this last week can be found below. But before I get into that I want to say thank you. Hitting 2,000 players was for HCF, for you, not for us. Our community needed this. So with that being said... thank you. Just because the Spring Update has launched doesn't mean it's over and it's time to anticipate the next update. We have so much more on the way. What you saw wasn't even half of it. It wasn't even one fourth of it. With that being said, stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled. We are currently living in a very, very weird time which is keeping all of you stuck inside the house. We are hellbent on making Viper the best that in can possibly be so that your time inside can be much more enjoyable. This is all for you. We do it ALL for you. We love you all. Thank you for your continuous, constant love and support. Without further a do, everything you need to know regarding this week can be found below.

Infernal
Everything in regards to this upcoming Infernal map can be found here.

EOTW: Today, March 26th at 5:00 PM EST
SOTW: Friday, March 27th at 6:00 PM EST
Key All: Friday, March 27th at 7:00 PM EST & 8:00 PM EST
Played by MeeZoid, Br0, Zigy, HateFoo, Stepphen, PatroxWarez, Swirls, and Dylan_.

Map Kit: Protection 2, Sharpness 2
Roster Size: 6 Man Factions
Allies: N/A
SOTW Timer: 1 Hour and 45 Minutes
Classes: Rogue, Bard, Archer, and Miner are enabled

Change Log
All bug fixes, changes, and more can be found here.

• Rank priorities in queue are now accurate.
• Queue no longer stalls at random which stopped players from joining a server.
• Scoreboard in all hubs no longer flicker at random.
• Enderpearls in all hubs no longer get stuck in holograms.
• Player heads in our 1.8 tab list in all hubs no longer shows random player heads.
• Tab list in all hubs will now display SOTW timer and online teams during all SOTW's.
• NPC's and holograms have been added to all hubs.
• Name tags now have color when on Infernal on 1.8.x.
• You can now see your allies name tag when they are invisible.
• NPC's are now viewable inside of Spawn on Infernal on 1.8.x.
• Upon losing Br0's invisibility your armor and item you are holding will now appear.
• Conquest red capzone now works as intended.
• Conquest has been reduced to 325 points.
• /f focus now works as intended.
• Knockback and potion values on Kits and Infernal will no longer revert to incorrect values upon server reboot.
• KOTH schedule will start KOTH's on Infernal every 1h30m rather than every 3h and every 5m on Kits rather than every 3h.
• DTC will only allow 3 people to mine the obsidian block at one time.
• All existing issues with MeeZoid's Exotic Bone have been fixed.
• HateFoo's Rage Ability will now give you Strength II even if you have Strength I from a beacon and/or bard.
• Swirls' Portable Archer bow no longer dupes.
• Stepphen's Switch Stick now has 16 uses. After 16 uses the stick will break.
• Enderpearls will no longer land if you throw the enderpearl before dying.
• Bug where entering and leaving a claim would not alert you in chat has been fixed.
• /f home on Infernal and Kits no longer costs $ to preform.
• When entering a DTC claim the colour of DTC has been made more distinguished.
• You can now use partner package items on Kits even if you have 16+ members in your team.
• Supply Drops will now work as intended.
• Playtime Rewards will now work as intended.
• Mob stacker has been implemented to Kits.
• KOTH's no longer terminate at random.
• Upon upgrading your rank, you will now be able to receive the /claim for your new rank.
• Various optimizations that will allow us to hold over 1,000 players for all upcoming SOTW's.
• Implemented Lunar Client API.
• Kills and Deaths in the deathban arena will no longer count towards your statistics.
• NPC leader boards will be added to Kits at midnight on Friday.
• Option to remove reputation in chat from /options has been removed.
• High Roller Kit on Infernal will now receive particles when a full High Roller kit is equipped, when you shoot the bow, and when you cast the rod.
• Token Merchant will be implemented to Kits on Friday at midnight.
• Time until DTC starts is now displayed under "DTC" on the tab list.
• Partner Package global cooldown on all items is now displayed on the scoreboard.
• Players will now instantly join a server if the queue is empty.
• Issue where players cannot see the tab list on Infernal and Kits will be fixed and pushed for Friday at midnight.

• Bard energy and the Y level you can bard a player at has been reverted back to our old values.
...and tons more. This is probably half of the list. There are some things I cannot include for privacy reasons. There are also a lot of things I forgot we did that was not written down.

Last Weeks Giveaways
Details regarding last weeks giveaways can be found here.

You all are probably wondering when we're going to draw the winner for the giveaways we did last week. So, starting with the individual giveaways that our content creators did. Winners have been drawn and the in game names have been sent to us. All winners will receive their rank before Infernal's SOTW on Friday. Moving onto the giveaways hosted on the Viper Twitter. The massive giveaway that is pinned on our Twitter will have its winners drawn in 3 weeks time. The Lunar Client cape giveaway will also have its winners drawn in 3 weeks time. Any pre-SOTW giveaways will be drawn next week.

Pearling Guidelines
Details regarding our pearling guidelines can be found here.

We've gone ahead and decided to make our pearling guidelines available for the public to see. We don't want players under the impression they are being false banned and that our partners are never getting banned. To get rid of all confusion and to make sure our players avoid getting banned for pearl glitching as much as possible, MeeZoid has created a forums post that goes in depth regarding how pearling works on Viper. The link to that forums post can be found below. Read carefully, follow all rules, and happy playing.

https://www.vipermc.net/threads/vipermc-pearling-guidelines.9613/

With all of that being said this post is now complete. We look forward to seeing you all soon. Stay safe, stay inside, and stay healthy. We love you guys. See you all soon.

With Love,
Spyno 💫

Last edited:
"Upon upgrading your rank, you will now be able to receive the /claim for your new rank"
Will this work on Kits aswell?

Samfay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
All the ads in the Youtubers vids say 2pm EST but this says 6? Please clarify why its been changed?
SOTW has always been at 6 PM EST and will be this week also as confirmed above. I believe there was a mistake in the preroll but I'd suggest always referring to the changelogs on the forums for the most accurate and updated information.

Puah

make it 2pm est SOTW please was fucking hyped for it to be that time after watching the partners vids

Iceinq

When will SOTW for hydro be? Also If I had viper rank before you guys decided to switch the server/add new ones which my viper rank doesn't transfer to, where would I be able to switch my rank for a rank on infernal?

My question is the same as Iceinq. Beside that, If hydro doesn't go up soon am I able to switch viper to high roller?
HighRoller is around 200 and Viper was 40, pretty sure they wouldn't do that. Also Tamer has said they are getting hydro back