Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways and more!

Nerf Distance Archer

What would you like to see happen to Distance Archer?

• Total voters

Sxki

Thread starter #1
The new Distance Archer class is a class that was recently added to Kit Map where the further you are away from the player you shoot, the more damage you deal. This class is unbelievably overpowered as you can do over 5.5 hearts of damage in a single shot. Today (6/29/20) alone countless people in my faction including myself have lost chests worth of KOTH gear and Citadel gear to getting one-shot by these archers from under 100 blocks away. This isn't only broken in team fight situations but it is even more so broken during KOTHs. Koth is only a 5x5 area usually in the open meaning that finding a good hiding spot with a clear view of cap isn't very hard and once you have your shot lined up its game over for anyone trying to cap. These hiding places are so easy to find because the sky is full of floating birds and bees. Ship KOTH is going on as I'm writing this and it has lasted 45+ minutes already apposed to the usual 10 minutes (at most) is takes to cap without the threat of these new archers. In my and many other's opinion this kit needs to be either greatly nerfed or completely removed as it is ruining kit map. If this kit were to stay and be nerfed, in my opinion the best thing to do is half the amount of damage they deal. However even then they're still just a better version of a rogue as a Distance Archer doesn't run out of arrows like a Rogue runs out of swords. However in a perfect world I'd have this class removed as it isn't an actual class on Infernal or any other servers on Viper. If this kit isn't removed or at least nerfed, they could potentially be the reason many people quit playing Kit Map and why KOTH factions would begin to dwindle in numbers / disband fully.

Edit: That Ship KOTH took almost 5 hours because of these archers one shotting diamonds.

Last edited:
-1 its fun and not even overpowered like the other stuff such as fireworks, kb sword, sharp 4's prot 3 and it has always been a thing of viper kit map. I understand why you guys want it to be removed since you guys only use op loot and there is actually an equal counter class against it.

Last edited:

Kaves

its not op normal archer is op because 1. with distance archer you cant consistently land tags from over 60 blocks away and 2. normal archer does 2 hearts a shot, inflicts 25% more damage and also deals a fire tick no matter how far away you are.

Hages

It’s already been nerfed since the maps it wasn’t a class you guys just run around with s3s and s4s with p2 and there’s finally a class that can counter it. If you were here for the 1st map it was in it landed archer tags and if you had Bounty bows and shit you could 1 shot ppl so it got a huge nerf already which is probably the last nerf they will do for a while with distance archer.

Cape

-1 You act like dist archers can hit 3.5+ heart tags consistently. It's hard to shoot consistently from that far. Recruit a rogue or archer to your fac to combat this, or maybe just don't sit on cap in one spot, move around. Just because there are good archers that can shoot a bow doesn't mean just remove it. Just learn to deal w/ it or get a rogue to chase them down. DIstance archer is not going to be the reason kitmap dies.

Last edited:
DIstance archer is not going to be the reason kitmap dies.
^
The reason why kit map will die is p2w, the way too op koth system, fireworks, /hub glitch and f opens.
Not because of a distance archer.

Sxki

Thread starter #9
its not op normal archer is op because 1. with distance archer you cant consistently land tags from over 60 blocks away and 2. normal archer does 2 hearts a shot, inflicts 25% more damage and also deals a fire tick no matter how far away you are.
It is actually very easy to hit shots from 60 blocks if you are a decent archer and you have your shot lined up

Sxki

Thread starter #10
-1 You act like dist archers can hit 3.5+ heart tags consistently. It's hard to shoot consistently from that far. Recruit a rogue or archer to your fac to combat this, or maybe just don't sit on cap in one spot, move around. Just because there are good archers that can shoot a bow doesn't mean just remove it. Just learn to deal w/ it or get a rogue to chase them down. DIstance archer is not going to be the reason kitmap dies.
I act like they can consistently hit those shots because they can. I've literally lost so much stuff to the same archer multiple times from almost 100 blocks out and theres no reason someone from 100 blocks away should be able to one shot someone who's using OP gear. This class takes away any point in using prot 3 or even prot 2 while in warzone.

Sxki

Thread starter #11
-1 its fun and not even overpowered like the other stuff such as fireworks, kb sword, sharp 4's prot 3 and it has always been a thing of viper kit map. I understand why you guys want it to be removed since you guys only use op loot and there is actually an equal counter class against it.
It simply is overpowered as it can oneshot people from 100 blocks away. I really suggest experiencing it in warzone or trying to cap koth while 10+ distance archers from random factions shoot randomly on cap while diamonds are running into cap as well trying to knock. There is no good counter as these archers can literally hide on the bugs in the sky undetected.

It simply is overpowered as it can oneshot people from 100 blocks away. I really suggest experiencing it in warzone or trying to cap koth while 10+ distance archers from random factions shoot randomly on cap while diamonds are running into cap as well trying to knock. There is no good counter as these archers can literally hide on the bugs in the sky undetected.
Let me guess, you only use overpowered loot and there is finally something to counter it.

Sxki

Thread starter #13
It's fun for you because you are able to kill people without the need of skill. Not calling this overpowered is absolutely ridiculous.
https://studio.youtube.com/video/lP_KNZ-yZ8c/edit/basic

It's fun for you because you are able to kill people without the need of skill. Not calling this overpowered is absolutely ridiculous.
Meanwhile there are fireworks, kb swords, sharp 4's and all that stuff isnt overpowered?
All that stuff takes 0 skills and distance archer actually does. Have fun shooting someone twice in a row on 100 blocks range.

Sxki

Thread starter #15
Meanwhile there are fireworks, kb swords, sharp 4's and all that stuff isnt overpowered?
All that stuff takes 0 skills and distance archer actually does. Have fun shooting someone twice in a row on 100 blocks range.
Sharp 4 doesn't 2 shot people. There is simply no argument valid enough to oppose at least nerfing it because doing 5.5 hearts of damage with a power 4 is completely unfair. Any player with decent skill can hit a shot from 100 blocks away no problem. If you have 5 of these, then the chances of hitting a player twice in a row isn't as low you say it is.Distance Archer isn't a counter to anything. It completely nullifies all loot. P3 is supposed to be OP because getting a full set is difficult to obtain. I dont think someone who is brand new to the server who doesn't know what they're doing should have the the potential to one shot someone and gain all of this loot that the person worked so hard to grind the custom enchants for. The counter for p3 and s4 is someone else with the same gear. Keep in mind people grind kitmap and work hard to obtain high KDRs and "OP" s4 and p3. The bottom line is having a kit sitting in spawn for free that completely bypasses every level of protection is unjustifiable. Personally I believe that the game would be much more fun if there was something to work towards such as those items you call overpowered. At the moment there is no point in having them as regardless of what you have on you, you will die just as quickly.

Sxki

Thread starter #16
I'm not trying to say that the items you call overpowered aren't overpowered, I'm merely saying that Distance Archer is much more unfair because it doesn't take any grinding or work to get it, meanwhile you actually have to spend your own money or put in your own time to obtain things like kb2's and s4's. Once again my goal isn't to argue it's just to say that regardless of how OP existing items are in the game. This "new" class is also very OP and in my opinion requires immediate attention.

Flippa

Solo distance archers aren't problem but when there are 20 people shotting from 70-80 blocks it becomes kinda annoying.