Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways and more!

Important Regarding Partner Treatment and Punishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeeZoid

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Thread starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm writing this post to clear up potential confusions and misunderstandings regarding how Partners are treated and punished on ViperMC.

First, I want to make it clear that there has never been any defined special treatment for partners, whether it comes to reporting a player, or getting reported themselves. We don't endorse abuse for partners, or specific players, and we never will. However, I do agree that there have been many situations (that involve partners) that have been poorly handled in the past.

Now, I would like to address claims that partners don't get punished, as well as claims that partners have the ability to get anyone banned. In the far past, our plugins had an anti-grief safeguard that made it impossible for a Partner rank to be banned, which meant that when we were to punish a partner, we'd first have to remove their rank, and then ban. This safeguard made it impossible for lower ranking staff members to deal with Partner situations, and also made it extremely difficult for these situations to be handled at a timely matter (since to remove and grant a Partner rank, it had to be done by a developer, through console). In some cases, this led to the appearance that the reports were "ignored" or "pushed under the rug", which was never the case.

Due to this safeguard making it difficult to punish partners in-game fast, many past, and rare, situations were dealt with by management and ownership speaking to Partners directly, and punishing them occupationally. As Partners do work for the server, it allowed us to take different measures to punish without hindering their ability to create content and without having to wait on the rank to be removed/re-granted, which worked as a compromise. I would like to quickly state that this HAS CHANGED as of a while ago, and we now will ALWAYS serve in-game punishments (without needing to remove the rank), along with the potential that they can be punished occupationally. I know there are a few old videos of Partners breaking rules that constantly resurface by players wanting them punished - all of these situations have been dealt with already.

As for claims that partners can get anyone banned without evidence, this is false. Partners have no ability to command staff to ban anyone. The issues that create the false perception that Partners have the ability to do this, come with the mistakes made when it comes to how Partner reports should be handled:
  • When a Partner is reported for breaking a rule, the report should be brought directly to head-staff (by the staff member who got the report) so it can be handled correctly, and without the possibility that a lower ranking staff member could be biased towards the partner.
  • When a Partner is reporting someone for breaking a rule, or attempting to get revived, the report should only be handled by an Admin or above, so that it can be handled correctly, and without the possibility that a lower ranking staff member could be biased towards the partner.
When these guidelines aren't followed properly by the staff team, issues can be created, such as claims where some staff are biased towards partners, etc. However, we are making it a STRICT RULE that these guidelines are followed by everyone on the staff team, and we will be making sure all staff members that are involved with handling partner situations are not biased in anyway.

In addition to everything above, about a month ago, we have made it extremely clear to all partners how serious it is if they break rules, and how they WILL be punished:

1584404086943.png

Also, as mentioned in that message, Partners will be losing the permissions to punish other players (ban, tempban, kick, and mute), so that there is no possibility that a player can be falsely punished by a Partner. With these permissions, it was never our intention that they would be used as much as they are - they were only supposed to be used for extreme circumstances, but now they will not be used at all.

I would also like to announce that I will be making all the pearling guidelines public, so that you can specifically know which pearls are allowed, and which aren't. A lot of confusion that creates the perception that Partners "don't get punished" comes from players not knowing the pearling guidelines, as well as the accusation that "a normal player would get banned for doing ___, when a partner wouldn't".

As a final point, I would like to address the claim that Tali members (my faction & friends) have special privileges to not get punished by staff: this has never been a thing, and never will be. I don't know how this claim got out there, but apparently people believe this. By all means, if you have a recent video of a Tali member, or Partner, breaking the rules, go ahead and report them - (P.S I'm referring to NEW videos, every video that has already surfaced of Tali/Partners has already been dealt with by staff.)

In conclusion, we wanted everyone to know how Partner situations were dealt with in the past, how they are dealt with now, and how they will be strictly dealt with in the future to ensure non-bias and correctness. Partners can, and will, be banned if they break the rules. Partners attempting to get revived, or get someone banned, will be dealt with only by higher ranking staff to ensure non-bias and correctness. Partners will be losing all permissions to ban, tempban, kick, and mute very shortly. The Viper Pearling Guidelines document will be made public very shortly.

I hope this post has cleared up confusions you may have had as a player on the network,

Colby
MeeZoid

Kenced

Here’s my experience with Viper Staff:

(staff convo)

I went in TS again a few hours later and got him banned since Samfay came in clutch and told me his is indeed alting/deathban evading. I believe it was GTed who gave middletext the false information, correct me if I am wrong.

This is almost a month old but it’s good that these changes are being made

Last edited:

N0ZY

Partners DO get treated differently than regular players.. And this is just typical of ANY business. It's like in sports, some players just get advantageous treatment because they bring more to the league than others. Minecraft p2W servers are no different. And I really have no issues with Partners getting some perks and preferential treatment. I have seen it on MANY occasions. As long as they are not full-on abusing and destroying the playing experience as a whole, I am fine with it. I think most people with any kind of brain know partners get preferential treatment. And there will always be staff Bias towards partners as many times they are friends.

Hey everyone,

I'm writing this post to clear up potential confusions and misunderstandings regarding how Partners are treated and punished on ViperMC.

First, I want to make it clear that there has never been any defined special treatment for partners, whether it comes to reporting a player, or getting reported themselves. We don't endorse abuse for partners, or specific players, and we never will. However, I do agree that there have been many situations (that involve partners) that have been poorly handled in the past.

Now, I would like to address claims that partners don't get punished, as well as claims that partners have the ability to get anyone banned. In the far past, our plugins had an anti-grief safeguard that made it impossible for a Partner rank to be banned, which meant that when we were to punish a partner, we'd first have to remove their rank, and then ban. This safeguard made it impossible for lower ranking staff members to deal with Partner situations, and also made it extremely difficult for these situations to be handled at a timely matter (since to remove and grant a Partner rank, it had to be done by a developer, through console). In some cases, this led to the appearance that the reports were "ignored" or "pushed under the rug", which was never the case.

Due to this safeguard making it difficult to punish partners in-game fast, many past, and rare, situations were dealt with by management and ownership speaking to Partners directly, and punishing them occupationally. As Partners do work for the server, it allowed us to take different measures to punish without hindering their ability to create content and without having to wait on the rank to be removed/re-granted, which worked as a compromise. I would like to quickly state that this HAS CHANGED as of a while ago, and we now will ALWAYS serve in-game punishments (without needing to remove the rank), along with the potential that they can be punished occupationally. I know there are a few old videos of Partners breaking rules that constantly resurface by players wanting them punished - all of these situations have been dealt with already.

As for claims that partners can get anyone banned without evidence, this is false. Partners have no ability to command staff to ban anyone. The issues that create the false perception that Partners have the ability to do this, come with the mistakes made when it comes to how Partner reports should be handled:
  • When a Partner is reported for breaking a rule, the report should be brought directly to head-staff (by the staff member who got the report) so it can be handled correctly, and without the possibility that a lower ranking staff member could be biased towards the partner.
  • When a Partner is reporting someone for breaking a rule, or attempting to get revived, the report should only be handled by an Admin or above, so that it can be handled correctly, and without the possibility that a lower ranking staff member could be biased towards the partner.
When these guidelines aren't followed properly by the staff team, issues can be created, such as claims where some staff are biased towards partners, etc. However, we are making it a STRICT RULE that these guidelines are followed by everyone on the staff team, and we will be making sure all staff members that are involved with handling partner situations are not biased in anyway.

In addition to everything above, about a month ago, we have made it extremely clear to all partners how serious it is if they break rules, and how they WILL be punished:

View attachment 1109

Also, as mentioned in that message, Partners will be losing the permissions to punish other players (ban, tempban, kick, and mute), so that there is no possibility that a player can be falsely punished by a Partner. With these permissions, it was never our intention that they would be used as much as they are - they were only supposed to be used for extreme circumstances, but now they will not be used at all.

I would also like to announce that I will be making all the pearling guidelines public, so that you can specifically know which pearls are allowed, and which aren't. A lot of confusion that creates the perception that Partners "don't get punished" comes from players not knowing the pearling guidelines, as well as the accusation that "a normal player would get banned for doing ___, when a partner wouldn't".

As a final point, I would like to address the claim that Tali members (my faction & friends) have special privileges to not get punished by staff: this has never been a thing, and never will be. I don't know how this claim got out there, but apparently people believe this. By all means, if you have a recent video of a Tali member, or Partner, breaking the rules, go ahead and report them - (P.S I'm referring to NEW videos, every video that has already surfaced of Tali/Partners has already been dealt with by staff.)

In conclusion, we wanted everyone to know how Partner situations were dealt with in the past, how they are dealt with now, and how they will be strictly dealt with in the future to ensure non-bias and correctness. Partners can, and will, be banned if they break the rules. Partners attempting to get revived, or get someone banned, will be dealt with only by higher ranking staff to ensure non-bias and correctness. Partners will be losing all permissions to ban, tempban, kick, and mute very shortly. The Viper Pearling Guidelines document will be made public very shortly.

I hope this post has cleared up confusions you may have had as a player on the network,

Colby
MeeZoid

Thank you for clarifying

Remote

Here’s my experience with Viper Staff:

(staff convo)

I went in TS again a few hours later and got him banned since Samfay came in clutch and told me his is indeed alting/deathban evading. I believe it was GTed who gave middletext the false information, correct me if I am wrong.

This is almost a month old but it’s good that these changes are being made
Gted is biased af and should be demoted lol

Status
Not open for further replies.