Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways and more!
Thread starter #1
IGN: Willq_
Which server would this be Implemented on: Forum
Your Suggestion: Staff applications in the forum, public with more questions.
Benefits of Your Suggestion: Comunity rating about the applications!
Anything Else: Add some questions like Why do you want to become staff or why we should accept you.

I'm not sure if staff applications being displayed publicly is a good idea, however there are it's pro's & con's.

Pro(s):
  • Constructive feedback from the community
  • Members can decide whether or not given applicant is qualified or not
  • Management can finalize their decision based on the community's ratings
  • Community can help management pick out applications that have been plagiarized
Con(s):
  • Backlash/toxicity against disliked members
  • Botting ratings (low chance but it could happen)

I do agree with having the questions you've listed to be implemented into the application. I applied for staff a few days ago and I was surprised that I only needed to write a good amount in previous staffing experiences & in staff member vouches.

IGN: Willq_
Which server would this be Implemented on: Forum
Your Suggestion: Staff applications in the forum, public with more questions.
Benefits of Your Suggestion: Comunity rating about the applications!
Anything Else: Add some questions like Why do you want to become staff or why we should accept you.
So, based on my previous experiences with public staff applications, like Kuttans said, there are some good things and bad. One of the negative things that always happened was the applicant not being able to take constructive criticism by a player that, either, they don't like or the player doesn't like them. This ALWAYS caused a problem and ended up disqualifying the applicant from making it to the interview stage, due to disrespecting players, immatureness, etc. Yes, that may be good for the management to see, but sometimes those applicants were a good candidate for the position, just people are trying to get them denied due to a personal grudge. However, it is good so that players can give feedback, at the same time. I think of it this way, either way, the applicant will be asked a lot of questions in the interview stage. The management team is very experienced, I know some of them from previous staff experiences, and if they find someone fit, they must be fit.

Good suggestion, though!
~ Detraction